When you run a nonprofit, the people you employ form the backbone of your organization. So it’s very important to hire the right people and create a good company culture. Sometimes, however, it may be difficult to find people who fit into the slot you’ve created for them. After all, it can be hard to judge the suitability of a person simply on the basis of a single interview. This is why it can be helpful to outsource your human resource tasks and get some professional help when it comes to hiring new employees. Here are some of the ways in which outsourcing HR can help you:
- Saving Money: You may not have the funds necessary to hire a full-time HR person or have an HR department. Fortunately, you can outsource HR tasks instead, only using your HR firm when you need to hire someone new. This will end up saving you money but you’ll also get all the benefits of an HR department.
- Experience: You (or managers in your company) may not have that much experience hiring people, even though you have a lot of experience running your company. But when you outsource your HR tasks, you’ll be working with people who have a lot of experience in finding the right person for the job and you can benefit from that experience.
- Company Culture: Anyone who works in HR will also have a good understanding of company culture. So you can sit down with them and explain what the company culture is like in your organization. Based on this, they will be able to find someone who fits in well with your nonprofit.
- Creative Solutions: Sometimes, the solution may not be to hire a new full-time person. Maybe you need to hire a part-time person or just distribute the tasks that need to get done among different people in your nonprofit. Or maybe you need to get more assistants to delegate those tasks to. Or maybe you need to divide one of your departments into two separate departments. You can come up with these types of creative HR solutions as well by outsourcing your HR.
- Practical Considerations: There are many practical considerations when it comes to hiring a new person for your organization. You will need to do a background screening to make sure they are who they claim to be. You’ll also need to come up with a salary and benefits package. Plus, you’ll actually need to come up with a job description, find candidates for the job, interview them and then make a decision. These are all tasks that outsourcing HR will help you to do.
Contact us to learn more about how outsourcing your HR tasks can help you at your nonprofit organization.